Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
"This is an impressive main dish that's packed with flavor. You may substitute pureed roasted red pepper for the green bell pepper and Gruyere for the Swiss cheese if you wish. It can also be prepared one day ahead; just cover, refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving."
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Serving per recipe: 12
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
28 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly butter an 8 inch springform pan. Mix 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle this mixture into the pan; turn and tap pan to coat inside of pan. Wrap a large piece of foil underneath and up the sides of the pan. Be careful not to tear any holes in the foil.
3. In a medium skillet or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and green peppers and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs and cream until well blended. Fold in onions, peppers, salmon, Swiss cheese, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Place the wrapped springform pan inside a large roasting pan. Place the pans in the oven and pour enough boiling water into the outside pan to come 2 inches up the side of the springform pan.
6. Bake until firm to the touch, about 1 hour and 40 minutes. Carefully remove both pans from the oven and turn off the heat. Lift springform pan out of the water and return it to the oven. Let stand in the cooling oven for 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Total Fat 32g
For more delicious recipes that incorperate our smoked salmon, please visit our Hardy Buoys Facebook page. New recipes are posted evey week! If you have a recipe idea please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.